Admissions Open DAYs
Unfortunately the school is not in a position to offer private tours.
Open days and evenings for Prospective Year 7 students for entry September 2020 are as follows.
Please note: these are drop in events - there is no registration or appointment booking process.
October Open Days
Wednesday 9th October 2019, 9:30am-12:30pm
Thursday 10th October 2019, 9:30am-12:30pm and 5:30pm-8:30pm
There will be talks by the Principal and Deputies at 9:50am and 10:50am on both Wednesday and Thursday morning. These morning events provide the opportunity for parents to visit lessons and see the school in action. They are generally quieter than the Thursday evening event.
On Thursday evening, there will be the opportunity to visit departments and talk to teachers. The Principal's talks are at 6.00pm; 6:50pm and 7:40pm; space in the talks is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, using the sticker system described below.
- Different coloured stickers will be given to parents on arrival at Graveney which will indicate the time of the talk they will be attending. When all the stickers have been distributed, the talk has reached maximum capacity; at this point no further admissions are allowed for health & safety.
- The Principal’s final talk starts at 7.40pm, there will be no further tours of the school following this talk. In order to avoid disappointment, please arrive at least half an hour prior to this final talk if you wish to have a tour of the school.
- The latest admission to the school site will be at 8pm.
- Please be aware that traffic in the area surrounding the school is very heavy during these open events.
- Buggies: We anticipate that open events will be very busy. If you need to a bring buggy for a younger child, please leave it in Lower School Hall during your visit.
There is limited parking at the back of the school in roads such as Spalding Road, Nimrod Road and Furzedown Drive. Do not drive down Welham Road or Chillerton Road as these will be blocked off for the evening. Maps and information to help you plan your visit are in Contact Us on this website. If you can possibly leave your car at home, please do so.There are parking restrictions on Salterford Road/ Gorse Rise and Rectory Lane between 11am and 12pm shown on the map below.
In addition, disabled access to the school is limited. If you have mobility problems and would like to come to our open events, please contact us in advance on 0208 682 7000 so we can talk to you about how to get the best out of your visit.
Restricted area shown in orange.
F1 Subzone 11am to 12pm Monday to Friday
Permit holders only
June Open Morning
There will be a further Open Morning on 24 June.
Information about Sixth Form Open Events can be found in the Sixth Form section of this website. http://www.graveney.org/Open-Days/