The Learning Support Department supports the whole school in the identification and teaching and learning of students with SEND.
In particular those with:
- Specific Learning difficulties (SpLD) and cognition (including dyspraxia, dyslexia and dyscalculia)
- Speech Language and Communication (SLCN), including ASD
- Sensory and physical difficulties, including VI, HI and ADHD
- Social, emotional and mental health Difficulties (SEMH)
- The SEN Department is based on the top floor of College House.
- For information on Admissions for pupils with an EHCP or to discuss the SEN provision in the school contact Sarah Clark (SENCo) or Camilla Velarde (SEN Manager)
We have a clear referral system for students with SEN.
There is a process that includes dialogue with students, parents and professionals. This involves the assess, plan, do, review cycle as set out in the SEN policy.
We work as a whole school team to establish appropriate differentiation in the classroom for SEN pupils.
All members of the SEN department have expertise in all areas of special educational needs.
Please click on the links below to read our current policy on SEN and arrangements for the admission of SEN pupils.
To find out more about the 'local offer' in Wandsworth you can go to the following website:
- Family Information service
- Admission of pupils with SEND
- Supporting pupils in schools with medical conditions (2016-17)
These policies have recently been updated and are awaiting final approval from the Governing Body:
How to contact us
If you have any queries or wish to arrange a meeting please contact Sarah Clark on:
Tel: 020 8682 7037
Or write a letter marked for the attention of Ms S Clark at the school address.
For impartial advice with regard to a student with a statement or EHCP please contact Wandsworth Information and Advice Support Service (WIASS) on 020 8871 8065 or email email@example.com.